I met Brandy and Brent years ago for their beautiful vow renewal and over the years have had the pleasure of photographing their love several more times at gorgeous locales on Maui. Every single time, it’s like meeting up with forever friends and we end up laughing for hours.
When they let me know that they were expecting, I was over the moon excited! Due to Maui’s wildfire, they chose to go to Kona for this trip and I was so thrilled to head over there to document this amazing new moment in their lives.
Kona offers an exquisite backdrop for creating breathtaking imagery and the Four Seasons Hualalai is gorgeous in every possible way. Sunrise was the perfect time to be out before the crowds and document both a new day and a new journey.
Are you planning a Kona babymoon? Here are 5 tips to make your babymoon amazing on the beautiful Kona coast of the Big Island:
- Choose a Babymoon-Friendly Resort or Private Home: Select a resort that caters to babymooners and offers amenities suitable for expectant parents. Look for comfortable accommodations, a relaxing atmosphere, and perhaps even prenatal spa services. Kona has several resorts that provide a serene environment with stunning ocean views.
- Opt for Low-Impact Activities: While Kona offers plenty of adventurous activities, it’s essential to consider activities that are pregnancy-friendly. Enjoy leisurely walks on the beautiful beaches, explore botanical gardens, or take a scenic drive along the coastline. The Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden and the Pu’uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park are great options for a peaceful day.
- Indulge in Healthy, Local Cuisine: Kona is known for its fresh and delicious seafood. Explore local restaurants that offer a variety of healthy and pregnancy-friendly options. Consider trying traditional Hawaiian dishes with a focus on fresh fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins. This is a great opportunity to savor the flavors of the region while nourishing yourself and your baby.
- Sun Protection is Key: Hawaii’s sun can be quite intense, so it’s crucial to prioritize sun protection. Pack and regularly apply a pregnancy-safe sunscreen with a high SPF, wear a wide-brimmed hat, and choose lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that covers your skin. Staying hydrated is also essential, especially in the warm climate.
- Capture the Moments with a Professional Photo Session: Document your babymoon with a professional photo session against the stunning backdrop of Kona’s natural beauty. Having professional photos will provide lasting memories of this unique and precious time.
Enjoy your babymoon in Kona, and best wishes for the exciting journey ahead!
MARIAH MILAN PHOTOGRAPHERS
Type of Package
Time of the day
Four Seasons Hualalai, The Big Island of Hawaii